- Are you a Restauranteur and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to promote your establishment? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to book more tables? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Restaurant.
Looking to create mouth-watering Facebook Ads for your restaurant? My name is Francisco, and I have been creating Facebook ads for restaurants, cafes and bars for years! Sign up for the Facebook Ads Setup Plan using the above link to get professional ads that bring results. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Facebook Ads are for restaurants
- Teach you how to create your own Facebook Ads
- Help you perfect Facebook audience targeting
- Introduce you to the Facebook Ads Setup Plan
Should restaurants advertise on Facebook?
This is about the first question that I get from restaurant owners who reach out to me. Is it worth advertising a restaurant, cafe or bar on Facebook? The answer to this question is a big yes! But why is that the case? Here are a few reasons why it’s so important for restaurants to begin reaching out to their customers through the world’s biggest social networking platform;
- With a user base of over 2.3 billion, Facebook is huge. So, whatever the audience that you are looking for, you are sure to find it on there.
- It’s easy to create and target your audience on Facebook.
- Facebook is way cheaper than other digital advertising platforms. You can begin advertising on Facebook for your restaurant for as little as $10!
- Facebook is perfect for localized businesses such as restaurants and bars. It allows them to really narrow down on their target audiences.
How to create your own Facebook Ads for your restaurant
Okay, now that that is out of the way, it’s time for me to show you how to create Facebook Ads for your restaurant. This guide is designed to get you going on your own in no time at all! However, it works best if you use it in conjunction with my DIY Facebook Marketing Course, so feel free to check that out. The course contains lots of great videos in which I further clarify everything that I mention here.
The Magic Happens in Facebook Ads Manager
If you are looking to create Facebook Ads on your own, then you need to head over to Ads Manager. That is where all the magic happens as far as coming up with ads is concerned.
Choosing a Campaign Objective
In Ads Manager, the first thing that you need to do as you create Ads on for your restaurant is choose a campaign objective.
Here is a tip from a seasoned operator; the campaign objective is extremely important. It determines the very structure of your Facebook Ad. So, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you need help coming up with the best objective for your campaign.
Available Facebook Ads Campaign Objectives
You may be wondering what a campaign objective is. Well, a Facebook Ad campaign objective simply answers the following question; “What is it that I wish to achieve through Facebook Ads?” In Ads Manager, you get 13 campaign objectives;
- Brand awareness
- Video views
- App installs
- Lead generation
- Catalog sales
- Store visits
- Page Likes
- Event Responses
Which Campaign Objective Works best for Facebook Ads for Restaurants?
Depending on what you wish to achieve, a number of the Campaign Objectives that are given above would be appropriate when creating Facebook ads for your restaurant.
- You can, as an example, target a specific audience near the physical location of your business with the aim of creating brand awareness.
- You can also have people who click on your ads redirected to your website or to a landing page using the Traffic, campaign objective.
- Maybe you have an App for your restaurant that people can use to quickly place orders. If that’s the case, then App installs would be the best objective.
- There is also the possibility that you wish to have people watch a video that you have made. If that is the case, then Video views would be the best Facebook Ads campaign objective for you.
For this example, we are going to choose Traffic as our campaign Objective. That’s because we wish to have people who click on our ads taken to a landing page where they can claim a coupon for use in our restaurant.
How to create the target audience for Facebook Ads for your restaurant
The Ad Set
Now that I have shown you how to choose a campaign objective for your Facebook ads, the next thing that you need to do is create an ad set. Here is a tip for those that wish to come up with Facebook Ads that really rock;
The Ad Set is an important section when creating Facebook Ads for your restaurant. It’s where you begin the process of creating your audience. Set your Ad Set right, and your ad will be delivered to just the right kind of people, giving it a higher CTR.
So, how do you create your Facebook Audience? The really great thing is that Facebook provides you with a number of Ad Set parameters that you can use to create your Audiences.
Where are the people that you wish to target with your Facebook Ads located? Remember what I said at the top about restaurants being highly localized? Let’s assume, as an example, that your restaurant is located on Broadway, in Chula Vista, California.
You are only ever going to attract clients from so many miles around the physical location of your establishment. This makes it extremely important for you to get your targeting parameters right! For this example, we are going to target people who live and work within 5 miles of your restaurant.
You can choose to have your ad delivered to people in various locations. This would be useful if you own multiple restaurants in various localities.
This is another useful setting that you should use when creating Facebook Ads for your restaurant. Let’s assume, as an example, that you wish to reach out to elderly couples who are celebrating their anniversaries by offering them a discounted dinner at your restaurant.
The age range that you would choose in this instance would be between 55 and 65+. You can also offer a similar discount to teens who are celebrating their 18th birthday or to couples who are celebrating their 10th anniversary.
Do you wish to have your Facebook Ads delivered only to men or women? Or would you rather have them delivered to both genders? Use this setting to further refine your target audience.
If you would like to have your ads delivered only to people who speak a particular language, then the language setting is what you should use to get what you are looking for.
So, how do you narrow down on your target audience? Facebook provides you with a number of tools that you can use to further refine your target audience;
Saving your target audience
Once you are satisfied with your target audience, don’t hesitate to save it for use in other ads.
Optimization and deliver
Facebook provides you with the following optimization and delivery options;
- Landing page views: Your ads will be delivered to people who are most likely to click on them. They are then taken to your landing page.
- Impressions: This setting emphasizes on the highest number of impressions.
- Link clicks: Your ads are delivered to people who are most likely to click on them.
For this example, we are going to go with the Landing page views option because, as we have already stated, we wish to have people who click on our ads taken to a landing page where they can redeem a coupon for use in our restaurant.
Creating the ad
Once you are satisfied with your targeting settings, the next step on the way to coming up with Facebook Ads for your restaurant is the creation of the ad itself. Your Facebook Ad can be in any of the following formats;
- Single Image or Video
The call to action
The call to action is very important when it comes to creating Facebook Ads for your restaurant. It directs people to take a desired course of action, such as clicking on a link.
This is the section where you type in your landing page. It’s important to make sure that wherever you wish to have your prospects taken, the landing page should be geared to turn their interest into a conversion.
Finalizing your ad
The great thing about running ads on Facebook is that you get so much flexibility. Don’t hesitate to play around with your ad to get the best results.
The Planet Marketing Facebook Ads Setup Plan
Creating Facebook ads has a lot of steps, not all of which can be mentioned in a single article. To be frank, most of our clients prefer that we do the hard work on their behalf. You can also benefit from our expertise by signing up for the Planet Marketing Facebook Ads Setup Plan. The Planet Marketing Facebook Ads Setup Plan gives you the following;
- Precise identification of your target audience.
- Help choosing campaign objectives for your Facebook Ads.
- Precise targeting of your audience.
- Video editing and custom images.
- The creation of a landing page for your campagn.