Today we will be reviewing Ekomi. At Planet Marketing, we have helped 1000s of websites get more reviews so they can help get more sales online. Ekomi is one of the main SAAS companies that integrate with Google Ads to make your ratings pop out and close more sales for you. This article will address the following:
1) Who should choose Ekomi?
Who is Ekomi for?
I (Francisco, the owner of Planet Marketing) had a meeting with Michael Ambros in Los Angeles. Based on my interaction with him, I can safely say the following;
- Ekomi is primarily for enterprise level eCommerce and service-based companies that need to gather reviews and syndicate them into Google Ads.
- It is also for ecommerce sites that use Google Shopping. Ekomi’s ‘Product Ratings’ would be a great fit for them.
- For insurance companies that need reviews for specific services, Ekomi would be great as well.
While Ekomi can work with smaller companies without a problem, they are focused on providing a FULL SERVICE customer feedback management service.
Who is Ekomi not for?
Ekomi isn’t really set up for small local based companies like coffee shops. For those companies, we recommend utilizing Google Reviews, Yelp, and Facebook.
I made a table below showing showing the types of companies that can and cannot use Ekomi.
|Ecommerce Companies Using One of the Following||Service-Based Companies||Not really for local transaction-based businesses|
|Magento, PretaShop, Shopify,WooCommerce, Volusio, |
IBM WebSphere, MIVA, Shopware,
DreamCommerce, JTL Shop, Gambio, OXID eSales, 3dCart,
Bigcommerce, Delegator, Deamandware, LivePerson, LogicBlock, Squarespace,
Opencart, Weebly, SmartFocus, Tealium, Wix.com
|CPAs & Accountants|
Real Estate Agents & Lenders
Insurance Brokers (Personal, Commercial, Medical)
Health & Wellness (Personal Trainers, Yoga, Chiropractors, Massage)
Restaurants (both sit-down & fast food)
2) Main Features on how Ekomi helps to make sales
Where does Ekomi Absolutely Shine?
Ekomi will gather, respond, and syndicate your reviews into Google. If you receive negative reviews, Ekomi will help you dispute them. In other words, Ekomi can act as a fully functioning reputation management company. You won’t need an employee doing this for you since you’ll have an account manager at Ekomi doing the work for you. They will do this for your Seller Reviews and your Product Reviews.
Seller ratings are the stars displayed in your Google CPC text ads. In the image below, it’s the part with the red circles around it. Ekomi has an aggreement with Google to syndicate your reviews into Google Adwords.
Product Ratings are for ecommerce sites. If you’re using Google Shopping to promote your products, then you’ll want the Product Ratings from your product page to carry over to Google Shopping. An example of Product Ratings is shown below in the red circles. As with Seller Ratings, Ekomi has authorization from Google to syndicate the product reviews from your website into Google Shopping.
There are four ways in which eKomi helps businesses collect reviews:
- Pop up: This is normally done at checkout on the thank you page.
- Email: They boast a 10 -15 % conversion rate via email for getting reviews.
- Tablet: Can collect reviews via tablet in a retail store AND even a delivery company or plumber.
- SMS Text Messaging: SMS text message reviews 40+% conversion ratio. NOTE: This is what separates Ekomi from ALL the other competitors.
eKomi has large capabilities for handling reviews: they physically read 10K reviews per day. And with a target market of small- to medium enterprise-sized businesses, this is no small task. While they are starting to take on more service-based companies as of late, the majority consists of e-commerce sites.
Manage your reputation
3) Ekomi Discounted Pricing
Pricing is going to depend on the scope of your project. Ekomi has a few plans that aren’t shown on their website. Many of the competitors will display their costs, but Ekomi gives quotes based off tailored services.
Ekomi starts at around $65 per month including product reviews, assisted implementation and advanced pulse analytics. For their FULLY Managed Review Service, it’s somewhere between $299-$399/mo.
In conclusion, no matter what price Ekomi quotes you, they will help your company in three main areas:
- Enhance Visibility – Your ratings will display on your Google CPC text ads. In addition, if you use Bing Ads to promote your website, the star ratings will display there too. If the person who is doing a search query on Google has never heard of your website, Seller Ratings and Product Ratings may be the only thing that separates you from your competitors.
- Improve your conversion rate – The only thing that may convince a prospective buyer to purchase your product or service may actually be your reviews. When you decide to try a new restaurant, do you check the reviews? When you’re on eBay or Amazon buying a product, do you check the reviews before buying? Reviews influence purchase behavior.
- Fully Managed Feedback Service – According to Google’s Search Quality Evaluator Guideline, reviews are part of the quality of a website. Ekomi will gather, syndicate, and even dispute reviews for you. This means your reputation will look great in the eyes of both your prospective customers and Google.
eKomi also isn’t afraid to push the envelope. They’ll do adult websites, which is something their competitors won’t touch. For example, eKomi Dildoking has 100K reviews. They’re not worried about these types of sites and the stigmas that are attached. They only care if it’s legal or not, which adult websites are. Adult websites are huge money, and they have no problem getting in on that market.
Best part about eKomi is that you’re only charged for what you want, whereas many other companies make you sign on for things you don’t need and will never use. While it doesn’t have quite the brand recognition of its competitors, the price can’t be beat, the features are decent, and its SMS Text Messaging reviews of 40+% conversion ratio are unbeatable.