Are you looking to increase your law firm’s client base? Have you been wondering how to do so using Facebook? My name is Fransisco and I am here to show you how to properly carry out Facebook advertising for law firms. I have been in the business for over 13 years and have helped countless companies that are similar to yours. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Facebook Advertising is for lawyers.
- Give you a step by step guide to the creation of kick-ass Facebook ads for lawyers.
- Talk about my Facebook Ads Setup Plan.
Should lawyers advertise on Facebook?
Attorneys have traditionally been skeptical about advertising on Facebook. If you are one of these people, then you have been missing out on A LOT! Most people ask me whether or not Facebook Advertising is for lawyers. My answer to that is a MASSIVE YES, for the following reasons;
- Facebook, the world’ biggest social media network, is huge. The platform currently has a user base of over 2.3 billion people! That’s over 2 billion potential customers for businesses around the globe!
- Advertising on Facebook is actually cheaper than on other platforms. You can get going with Facebook Ad campaigns for as little as $10. This is something that you would hardly be able to do on other platforms, such as Google Ads.
- Facebook allows you to be very precise when choosing the target audience for your Ads. This is very important. In fact, most people, in my experience, flounder here when creating Facebook Ads for their businesses. If you need help creating your target audience, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. Getting it right means you will be able to get a very high CTR for your ads.
- Let’s face it, most lawyers probably do not have the time to spend creating their own Facebook Ads. That is why I have come up with the tailor made Facebook Ads Setup Plan. Sign up if you would rather have us create professional Facebook Ads for your business. However, if you wish to learn how to create your own Facebook Ads, then read the rest of this article.
Creating your own Facebook Ads
So, how do you, as a lawyer, create your own Facebook? Facebook Ads are created in Ads Manager. The process of coming up with your first Facebook Ad is composed of 4 steps;
- Creating a campaign.
- Setting up your Ad Account.
- Setting up the Ad Set.
- Creating the Ad.
Creating a campaign: Choose a campaign objective
Choosing a campaign objective is your first step on the way to creating a Facebook Ad. Facebook provides you with 11 campaign objectives from which you can only choose one’
- Brand awareness
- App Installs
- Video Views
- Lead Generation
- Catalogue Sales
- Store visits
Best Facebook Ad Campaign Objective for Lawyers
We have previously written several articles on this blog in which we give step by step guides on the creation of Facebook ads for various attorney specializations. This includes Facebook Ads for Divorce Attorneys, Facebook Ads for Employment Law Attorneys, Facebook Ads for Immigration Law Attorneys and Facebook Ads Marketing for Family Law Attorneys.
As mentioned in those articles, no single campaign objective can be prescribe for a business. What you go with is going to depend on your overall goals. The screenshot above shows some of the possible Facebook Ad campaign objectives for lawyers.
Defining your target audience: The Ad Set
Most people want to know what the Ad Set really is. In all instances, I tell them that this is, without doubt, the most important part as far as the success of your Facebook Ads is concerned! The Ad Set is where you define your target audience! You do this using the following targeting settings;
The location setting allows you to define where you wish to have your Facebook Ads delivered. Lets assume here that we are creating an ad for an Immigration law attorney. An ad targeting Mexican immigrants would, in that case, best be delivered in states like California, Arizona and New Mexico.
Age, Gender, Language
These are the other settings that you can use to further define your target audience. In this case, we are going to go with the age ranges 15 to 50. We will also target both genders. Language is important parameter in this case, where we will have our ad only delivered to Spanish speakers.
Narrowing down on your target audience: Detailed Targeting
This section allow you to really narrow down on your target audience. For our Immigration Lawyer, the following can be the detailed targeting options;
- EB-5 visa
- H-2B visa
- Immigration to the United States
- J-1 visa
- K-1 visa
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Visa (document)
- Lived in the United States
Most people make the error of trying too hard to market themselves to their online audiences. The thing is, however, that not many people are going to take you seriously if you do not have something of value to offer them.
You will notice that Facebook ads for attorneys are not going to be that entertaining, which can be a major setback, considering that this type of content draws the biggest audiences on Facebook.
What you can do, however, is create value. What do we mean by that? Instead of telling the bored people of California that you are the best lawyer that they have ever heard of, why not get the attention of the right kind of audience by telling them something useful.
Have an ad, as an example, that briefly outlines the process of getting a K-1 visa! You will notice that this will help you get quality leads, because only people who are interested in that will bother to click on the ad. What’s more, not only will they watch your clip, but they are much more likely to click on your call to action in order to get more information.
The Facebook Ads Setup Plan
You will notice that we have only just touched on the surface in this article. Creating Facebook ads can be a really involved process. We would need to write an entire encyclopedia to cover everything! That is why we have come up with the Facebook Ads Setup Plan; to carter for those who would rather sit back while we do all the hard work on their behalf. The plan offers the following;
- Help setting up a campaign.
- Help choosing the right target audience.
- A professional landing page.
- Two live ads.