A Planet Marketing Review of Monitor Backlinks
Link Building is one of the most important aspects of Search Engine Optimization. It lies among the key parameters with which Search Engines assign a rank to a webpage. Monitor Backlinks has, in this regard, carved out a niche for itself, by offering what can be considered to be one of the most comprehensive backlink monitoring and keyword tracking suites around. Planet Marketing highly recommends Monitor Backlinks to those who are looking for concise data on their SEO efforts. But what exactly is link building?
What is Link Building?
Link Building refers to the process by which you get other bloggers and website owners to connect their content to yours using hyperlinks. A link that’s coming from another website towards your own is referred to as a backlink.
- It should be noted, however, that link building is not only about the quantity of backlinks that one manages to acquire. It is, more importantly, about the quality of those incoming links.
The Importance of Backlinks
Backlinks are a very important SEO parameter. They allow Search Engines to crawl across the vast amounts of data that form the Internet, while categorizing the content. Ever wondered how Google, Yahoo! or Bing can understand what your website is all about? The truth of the matter is that crawlers from these engines use backlinks as part of the way through which they can identify and group web pages. Also of importance are internal links; the links that you make to other content on the same domain.
- As mentioned above, both quality and quantity matter when it comes to backlinks. The more the number of backlinks that you can get to point to your webpage, the more it is regarded as trustworthy by Search Engines. The logic behind this is that not many people would be willing to regard as an authority on any topic, a page that is poorly written. Backlinks are, therefore, seen as a sign of trust. People think that your page is exceptionally high quality, so they give it more juice by linking it to their own websites.
- We have also mentioned how content quality is of importance when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. If you get a backlink from, say, CNN, that is likely to give your web page a huge boost of what is referred to in the industry as “link juice.” This is simply because Search Engines regard companies such as CNN as reputable sources of high-quality content.
While backlinks are recognized to be an important aspect of Search Engine Optimization, very few tools have been produced that truly monitor how web pages are performing in this regard. If you have ever been involved with link building, you will understand some of the difficulties that arise therein.
- This is where Monitor Backlinks excels the most. The company recognizes the importance of having a strong backlink profile in SEO, as a means of boosting traffic. It has, thus, come up with tools that are designed to give you an insight into your link building efforts, by telling you when you have either lost or gained backlinks.
- Not only that, but the company also monitors your competition and alerts you when they have received high-quality backlinks. The importance of this can never be overemphasized. Knowing who you are up against and what their strategies are allows you to make a stronger push to have your site optimized for search engines.
- All that you need in order to get started is an email address and the company’s servers will take care of the rest on your behalf.
- The key to understanding all this is the fact that Search Engine Optimization is, by its very nature, an ongoing process. Changes are always taking place that demand the kind of constant monitoring and evaluation enabled by Monitor Backlinks.
What Do You Get With Monitor Backlinks?
When you sign up with Monitor Backlinks, you get the following essential SEO services:
Monitor Backlinks offers some of the Keyword Tracking features that are standard across the industry. Keyword tracking allows you to keep track of how well you are performing on search engines, in a particular locality, in terms of your target keywords.
While there are a number of companies that offer Keyword Monitoring out there, we do have to admit that Monitor Backlinks is the most unique of them all. The company offers some of the features that are standard across the industry, including the ability to check how you are doing for your chosen keywords in terms of Search Engine ranking. However, as we have already mentioned, it then goes beyond to provide a truly unique SEO support service.
Aside from Keyword Monitoring, Monitor Backlinks is unique in that it is one of the few companies that also offers Backlink Monitoring. Backlink Monitoring involves the identification and evaluation of the links that point back to your web pages.
Most of the time, people spend a lot of time building links for the web pages as a way of improving their Search Engine Visibility, only to neglect them soon afterwards. There are a number of reasons why this should never be the case:
- The links that you have spent so much time gaining may get broken. There are a number of reasons why this might happen, including, but not limited to, the possibility that the web page from which the original link that pointed to yours is no longer available.
- If you have used a lot of resources building your links, you need to keep track of how well your investment is paying off.
- You need to know when you have received new backlinks to your content. This is the only way through which you can determine whether or not your efforts to acquire backlinks are bearing fruit.
Monitor Backlinks helps you keep track of your backlinks by sending you updates, on a regular basis, with information about new links, reports on old and broken ones and information on how your competitors are performing in terms of building their own links. Best of all, you also get tips on how to effectively leverage your link building efforts.
Readily Available SEO Metrics
One of the most important considerations in Digital Marketing is having information at your fingertips, which enables you to carry out proper analyses and make informed decisions. Monitor Backlinks makes this possible by providing the following important SEO metrics:
- Majestic Trust & Citation Flow
- MozRank, Domain Authority, Page Authority
- Referring Traffic For Each Backlink
- External Link Count
- Backlink Status Checker
- Social shares
Monitor Backlinks comes with the following features:
- Keyword Monitoring
- Domain Monitoring
- Competition monitoring
We have already looked at backlink and keyword monitoring above. Another standard offering from the company is the ability to monitor the keywords that are being used by the competition. If you have checked out our reviews of such companies as SE Ranking, Rank Ranger and Rank Watch, you will have noticed that this service is standard for all these companies. Having knowledge of how the competition is faring gives you the ability to outperform them in terms of SEO.
Domain Monitoring allows you to get information about movements in your Search Engine rank based on the number and type of links that you have received. This information is derived from your Google Analytics account and allows you to compare your performance and that of your competitors.
Email and PDF Reports
With Monitor Backlinks, you get weekly reports on how you have been performing, both in terms of your keywords and in terms of link building. The information that is contained in these reports includes the following:
- Changes in your Alexa Rank, Page Rank and number of indexed pages in Google
- Last week traffic overview
- Keyword changes in Google
- Organic traffic comparison with last week
- New Links vs. Lost links
- Nofollow vs. Dofollow links
- Backlinks indexed by Google vs. Not indexed backlinks
Disavow bad links
Monitor Backlinks offers you the ability to identify and correct bad backlinks that may have gotten you penalized by Google and other search engines. All that you need to do in this case is export and save the disavow list, before submitting it to Google for recovery from the penalties.
Should you decide to use Monitor Backlinks, you can expect to pay $24.90 per month for the entry level “Start” plan. While this is slightly above average for entry level offerings across the industry, the price is definitely worth paying, considering what you get in the package.
Conclusion: Why we recommend Monitor Backlinks
The Keyword Tracking sector is seemingly flooded with companies that offer a few of the same basic services. These include Keyword Tracking and competitor monitoring. What we liked the most about Monitor Backlinks is the fact that, along with the capabilities that are basic within the industry, it also offers backlink monitoring, which very few competitors do. That is despite the fact that backlinks are considered to be one of the most important Search Engine Optimization elements. We, therefore, highly recommend Monitor Backlinks, not only as an enhancement to your link building efforts, but also as a standard Keyword Tracking tool.