In the world of web hosting, it is safe to say that no other name is mentioned more frequently than HostGator. The company, which was formed in a Florida dorm room in 2002, has since grown to become one of the world’s leading web hosting services provider.
• Now based in Houston, Texas, HostGator boasts of over 400 000 customers and an employee compliment of over 500.
• It is also home to over 9 millions domains, making it one of the largest repositories in the world.
HostGator is one of the largest web hosting services providers in the world
Having used HostGator’s services for a number of years, we have to say that we have been impressed by the wide array of products that the company has to offer. If you are looking for a web host that provides tailor made solutions to your hosting needs, then HostGator is the answer. Like its competitors, such as Bluehost and DreamHost, the company offers the following services;
• Shared Hosting
• Cloud Hosting
• WordPress Hosting
• VPS Hosting
• Dedicated Hosting
HostGator offers a wide range of web hosting services.
• It also offers domain name registration, Dedicated Hosting and Reseller Hosting.
• For small to medium scale businesses, HostGator is definitely one of the best web hosting companies out there.
• It offers Windows and Linux based shared hosting packages that should allow these businesses to grow.
• As an example, the Business Plan, which starts at $5.95 per month for a package of 36 months, comes with unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, an unlimited number of domains, a toll free number, free private SSL and a free dedicated IP.
• All these features are indispensible to those who are looking to start small to medium sized businesses.
One of the things that set HostGator apart from its competitors is its amazing flexibility. Do you have something in mind that you wish to have done on your website?
• Simply talk to the people at HostGator and, as we discovered, they will come up with solutions that are specifically tailor made to your needs.
• This is particularly useful, considering that no two websites are the same. Whether you are a small or large concern, it is important to have a hosting plan that speaks to your needs and recognizes the individuality of your business.
When it comes to pricing, HostGator is competitively placed; if you are willing to sign up for the long term hosting plans.
HostGator’s Shared Hosting plan starts at $3.95
• The Hatchling Plan starts at $3.95 per month for the 36 month package. However, if you are looking to have your website hosted for only one month, you will have to fork out $10.95 on the same plan.
• While the availability of the one month plan can be viewed as a blessing, in that not many web hosting companies offer it, the price makes it rather unattractive.
While its hosting plans may not be the cheapest; (Bluehost, as an example, offers a shared hosting plan that starts at $2.95 per month,) HostGator offsets this slight price difference with a litany of offers.
• Browse across the internet, and you are likely to come across one HostGator deal or the other.
• The company, we have noticed, is certainly one of the most visible when it comes to Pay per Click (PPC) advertising.
• HostGator appears to have a well resourced advertising budget, as reflected by the amount of advertising that it does across various platforms.
It is safe to say that, in the majority of cases, web hosting services providers are only as good as the customer support that they offer. It is inevitable that you will, at some point, encounter problems with your website. When that happens, you want to be able to promptly talk to someone who is able to efficiently help you out with your issues.
• Those who have monetized their websites know that any time that is spent with the site down translates into a loss of income.
• While HostGator offers Premium Support 24 hours per day, through the phone, on Live Chat and via email, the company has been accused by some customers of being slow when it comes to responding to queries.
• Our own experience with HostGator’s customer support service has been a positive one. We have also heard from a number of people who have had a number of queries about their accounts, all of which have been promptly resolved after talking to someone through the company’s Live Chat portal.
Each plan from HostGator comes with a standard set of features, all of which are designed to give you an unparalleled hosting experience;
• Each plan has a free HostGator Website Builder.
• There are also thousands of free templates from which you can choose, which should get started on your site.
• HostGator also allows you to transfer your website, domain and MySQL free of charge.
• All of its plans come with unmetered bandwidth and an unlimited set of sub domains, FTP Accounts and Email Accounts. This definitely sets HostGator apart from most of its competitors.
• When you sign up, you also get a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
• HostGator also comes with the standard cPanel, which should be useful to those who have gotten used to it on other platforms.
With HostGator, you get free, weekly offsite automatic data backups. The importance of this can never be overemphasised. Should something go wrong, you can always be assured that there is a backup with which you can restore your site.
HostGator also offers a 45 day money back guarantee, which should come in handy, should you have any problems with their services.
Like all the other web hosting companies out there, HostGator is not without its shortfalls. For one thing, the advertised prices, as it turns out, are almost always too good to be true.
• The least priced Shared Hosting plan ($3.95), as an example, is only available if you are signing up for 36 months.
• There are also a host of extras, most of which appear to be essential, that can end up substantially hiking your monthly rate.
• As mentioned above, many people have complained about HostGator’s Support Service. The company stands accused of taking too long to respond to people queries and not moving promptly enough to solve raised issues.
Many have also pointed out that though good, the company is definitely not the best when it comes to the speed with which websites are loaded. While this may be of no concern to small business, speed becomes an issue for larger firms.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.