- Are you a Travel Agent and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to sell more travel packages? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to get more leads? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Travel Agency.
Need to create kick-ass Facebook Ads for your business? Have you been wondering whether or not Facebook Advertising works for those in the travel industry? My name is Francisco, and I am here to answer all your questions. Sign up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan if you would rather have us run your campaigns on your behalf. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Facebook Advertising is for travel agencies.
- Give you a tutorial on how to create your own Facebook Ads.
- Give you a brief background on the amazing Planet Marketing Facebook Ad Setup Plan.
Does Advertising on Facebook work for those in the Travel Industry?
After working with companies such as yours for over a decade, one of the things that I can safely say is that Facebook Advertising WORKS GREAT for those in the travel industry. Indeed, one would be excused for thinking that advertising on Facebook was created specifically for those in the travel industry. So, if you are only now joining the party, you have obviously been missing out on a lot. The following are some of the reasons why travel companies need to start advertising on Facebook;
- Facebook has a monthly user base of over 2.19 billion. This makes it the go to place for those that are looking for marketing opportunities.
- Once you have gotten the hang of it, Facebook advertising is fairly simple. Think I am exaggerating? Well, by the end of this article you should be well on your way to creating your own Facebook ads.
- If you are concerned about cost, then Facebook advertising will work great for you. Indeed, I am always telling people that advertising on Facebook costs way less than other digital marketing avenues, including AdWords. You can launch your advertising campaign on Facebook for as little as $10!
How to create your own Facebook Ads for your travel agency
Creating Facebook ads for your travel agency, as is the case with any other business that is out there, is a matter of knowing what your objectives are and targeting the right kind of audience. Everything happens in Ads Manager, as far as the creation of Facebook Ads is concerned.
Choosing a Campaign Objective
Choosing an objective is the first thing that you are going to have to do on the way to creating Facebook ads for your travel agency . In Facebook Ads Manager, you have a wide range of options in this regard;
- App installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Brand awareness
- Catalog sales
- Store visits
Which campaign objective should I choose for my Travel Agency business?
A number of the campaign objectives that are outlined above could be used when creating Facebook ads for your travel agency. It’s all, of course, going to be dependent on what it is that you wish to achieve with your advertising campaign;
- If you wish to have people visit your landing page, then “Traffic,” is what you should choose as your Objective.
- You can also choose to create “Brand awareness.”
- “Video views” is another great campaign objective for those that are looking to create Facebook Ads for travel agencies. Perhaps you have created a video for a package holiday that you would like to have played to your target audience.
Defining your target audience: The Ad Set
In my view, no step is as crucial when creating Facebook ads for any business as is setting up the Ad Set. As a business, you know exactly who you wish to reach out to with your ads. One of the things that I am always telling my clients is that it’s important to remain focused when doing so. The Ad Set is really where you define your target audience using the following tools;
Let’s assume, for the sake of this example, that we are a travel agency that is based in California. For our first Facebook Ad, we are going to market a honeymoon and anniversaries package to the Grand Canyon for people in our state. Our ad will be limited to Californians, though it could conceivably be used to target people in other states.
The location setting is of importance, since it is the first step on the path to narrowing down on your target audience. Note that we are very clear about what we wish to achieve with our ad as well as the people that we wish to reach.
You will find that when it comes to Facebook Ads, it pays to be specific. Being too wide with your targeting parameters will only mean that your ads will be delivered to people who are not interested in what you have to offer. As you can see in the above screenshot, we have, for this example, chosen to target people who live in California for delivery of our ads. This excludes those who are just passing by. Note that you can add and exclude as many locations as you wish.
Age, Language and Gender
You can also choose to have the ads that you are creating delivered to people who fall within a specific age range. For this example, we are going for a startup age of 25. This age is when most people would expect to get married.
The language setting allows you to have your ads delivered only to people who speak a specific language.
If, as an example, you wish to attract people who are coming for a female convention in your city, then it would make no sense to have your ads delivered to men. The gender setting allows you to choose the appropriate setting in this regard.
- Narrowing down on your target audience: Detailed Targeting
One of the things that people are not aware of is that Facebook collects a wealth of information from people who use the platform. This tends to be of great use to advertisers who are looking to have their ads delivered to a specific type of audience.
The Detailed Targeting section allows you to really narrow down on your target audience. For our example, we are going to have our ads delivered to people who fall within the following categories;
- People who have upcoming anniversaries
- Newly engaged couples
Remember what we said at the top about our ads being targeted at newly engaged/weds and those that have upcoming anniversaries? Your targeting options are going to be different, of course, depending on what you wish to achieve with a particular advertising campaign.
The Planet Marketing Facebook Ads Setup Plan
You may notice that the above tutorial leaves a lot of detail as far as creating Facebook Ads is concerned. To be frank, I would need to write a huge book to go through every step.
The good news for those that do not quite have the time to learn how to create Facebook Ads on their own is that we stand ready to help you. At Planet Marketing, we have come up with a top of the range Facebook Ads Setup Plan that offers you the following;
- Help identifying and defining your target audiences.
- Help choosing the best Campaign Objectives for your Facebook ads.
- Creation of an Ad Set in which we narrow down on your target audiences.
- Creation of a professional landing page.
- 2 highly relevant ads.