- You own a Pizza Shop and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to sell more pizzas? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to be the most popular Pizzeria? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Pizza Shop.
Need to boost business for your pizza shop by advertising on Facebook? My name is Francisco and I am the owner of Planet Marketing. I have been in the business for over 13 years so, believe me when I say I know what I am talking about here! Today, I am here to point you in the right direction as far as advertising on the world’s biggest social networking site is concerned. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Pizza shops should start advertising on Facebook.
- Teach you how to create your own Facebook ads.
- Introduce you to the Facebook Ads Setup Plan.
Why Pizza shops need to start advertising on Facebook
Lets assume that you wish to create brand loyalty by offering your customers an extra, free pizza every Saturday. You could even call this promotion “Terrific Saturday.” But how are you going to spread the word about your promotion to the right kind of audience? This is where Facebook advertising comes into play. So, to the question; “should Pizza shops advertise on Facebook?” the answer is a double slice of YES! Pizza shops are some of the businesses that stand to benefit the most from advertising on Facebook for the following reasons;
- With a monthly active user base of over 2.3 billion, Facebook is huge! What it means for businesses is that this is the best place on which to find the right audience.
- Facebook allows you to precisely target your audience when creating ads. This is particularly important for localized businesses such as Pizza shops. You don’t want to waste time and money having your ads displayed to people who live well beyond your business’ reach.
- Most people prefer that I handle the hard part of creating Facebook Ads on their behalf. You too can benefit from my expertise by signing up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan. However, truth of the matter is that if you have the time and the patience, it quite possible for you to master the art of creating your own Facebook ads.
- Advertising on Facebook is actually cheaper than on other platforms, including Google Ads.
- You can use Facebook Pixel to do remarketing to people who have shown an interest in your products on your website. Get in touch with me if you want to learn more about this.
How to create your own Facebook Ads
Okay, if you don’t want to hire me to carry out Facebook advertising for your Pizza shop, I am not going to hold it against you. In fact, this whole article is aimed at showing you how to create your own Facebook Ads. Firstly, you should know that Facebook Ads are created in Ads Manager. The process of creating Facebook Ads for Pizza shop is composed of four basic steps;
- Creating a campaign
- Setting up an Ad account
- Setting up the Ad Set
- Creating the Ad
Creating a Campaign: Choose a Campaign Objective
Choosing a campaign objective is actually the first step on the way to creating eye catching Facebook Ads for your Pizza Shop. Facebook allows you to select one of the following campaign objectives;
- Store visits
- Catalog sales
- Lead generation
- Video views
- App installs
- Brand awareness
What’s the best campaign objective for Pizza shops?
You will notice that a number of the objectives that are outlined above could actually be used when creating Facebook ads for a Pizza Shop. The thing to note here is that its all going to be dependent on what it is exactly that you wish to achieve.
- If, as we are doing in this example, you wish to create brand awareness by running a two for one “Terrific Saturday,” promotion, then you should choose the appropriate campaign objective.
- If, on the other hand, you would like to have people who click on your Facebook ads taken to a landing page, then Traffic would be the best objective. You can also choose to create brand awareness or to have conversions.
The Ad Set: Creating your target audience
Once you have chosen the campaign objective, the next thing that you need to do is define your target audience. This important task is carried out in the Ad Set. Facebook provides you with a number of settings, all of which you can use to make sure that your ad reaches the right kind of audience.
As mentioned earlier, Pizza shops are highly localized. A pizza shop is only ever going to get customers from so many miles around it’s physical location. The location setting allows you to clearly define where you which to have your Facebook ads delivered.
For this example, we are going to have our Facebook ads delivered to distances of about 2 miles around the physical location of our pizza shop. We are also going to assume that our Pizza Shop is located on Roscoe Blvd, Panorama City, in California. We are, therefore, going to have our ads delivered to people who live about 2 miles around this place.
Age, Gender, Language
These are the other settings that allow you to further define your target audience. If you would rather have, as an example, your ads delivered only to women, or to people who fall within a specific age range, these settings allow you to do that. For our “Terrific Saturday,” promotion, we are going to target both genders. We will also have our ads delivered to people between the ages of 18 and 50. The ages that you target are going to be different, of course, depending on the promotion that you are running. You may, as an example, offer a free pizza to kids on their 10th birthday or something like that.
Detailed Targeting: Narrowing down on your target audience
This setting is where you really narrow down on the people to whom you wish to have your Pizza Shop Facebook ads delivered. For this example, we are going to be targeting the following people;
- Parents with preschoolers (03-05 years)
- Parents with early school-age children (06-08 years)
- Parents with preteens (08-12 years)
- Parents with teenagers (13-18 years)
- Pizza delivery
- Pizza (interest)
Creating your Ad
Once we have defined the people to whom we wish to have the ads for our Pizza shop delivered, the next thing that we need to do is create the ad itself. Remember what we have already stated about the food industry being visual. You should, therefore, work hard to make sure that your ad has the best visual appeal possible. The good thing is that Facebook offers a wide range of choices as far as ad creation is concerned;
Available Ad Formats
- Single Image
The Facebook Ads Setup Plan
You will notice that we have only just covered the basics in this article. To cover everything, we would need to write an entire encyclopedia! To make things simple for you, we came up with the Facebook Ads Setup Plan. You can sign up by clicking on the link below. The Facebook Ads Setup Plan gives you the following;
- Help creating your campaign.
- Help choosing your target audience.
- A professionally designed landing page.
- Two live ads.