Are you in desperate need for clients for your martial arts studio? Then you have come to the right place. My name is Francisco, and I am the owner of Planet Marketing. I have been working with businesses such as yours for over 13 years. I am definitely the man to show you the moves as far as advertising on Facebook is concerned. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Facebook Advertising is for Martial Arts practitioners.
- Teach you how to create your own kick-ass Facebook Ads.
- Talk a bit about my Facebook Ads Setup Plan
Is Facebook Advertising for Martial Arts Practitioners?
This is a question that I get a lot from martial arts practitioners. Most want to know whether or not it’s viable for them to advertise on Facebook. My answer to this question is; actually, Martial arts studios are some of the businesses that stand to benefit the most from advertising on Facebook. And the reasons for this?
- Advertising is all about numbers. Just consider this amazing figure; Facebook, the world’s biggest social networking site, boasts of an amazing 2.3 billion monthly active users at the last count. That means that there are 2.1 billion potential customers for you and your business, right?
- You can get started advertising on Facebook for as little as $10. This is way cheaper than you would get from other platforms such as Google Ads.
- Facebook makes it easy for you to target the right kind of audience. This is particularly important for localized businesses. Martial arts studios can only draw clients from so many miles around them, and they really need to make sure that their ads are being delivered to a relevant audience.
- If you would rather have us do the hard work on your behalf, then don’t hesitate to sign up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan. However, the art of creating Facebook Ads is something that ANYONE can master! Read the rest of this article if this is what you wish to do!
How to create Facebook Ads for Marital Arts: Karate, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu and more
The magic, as far as Facebook Ads are concerned, happens in “Ads Manager.” The entire process is basically composed of 4 steps;
- Creating a campaign
- Creating an Ad account
- Defining your target audience through the Ad Set
- Creating your Ad.
Creating a Campaign: Choose a campaign objective
Facebook ads are created in Ads Manager. Here, you will notice that the first thing that you are required to do on the way to creating Facebook Ads for your business is choose a campaign objective. Facebook provides a number of ad objectives, from which you are required to choose one;
- Brand awareness
- App installs
- Lead generation
- Video views
- Store visits
- Catalog sales
Best campaign objective for Martial Arts studios
The campaign objective that you choose is, of course, going to be dependent on the nature of your business and your advertising campaign goals. For a Martial arts studio, there can be any number of objectives.
- You can, as an example, choose to have people who click on your Facebook ad redirected to a landing page using the “Traffic,” objective.
- You can also choose to have people leave a message, to which you will respond.
- There is also the possibility that you main goal would be that of raising brand awareness. That is what we are going to go with for this example.
The Ad Set: Defining your target audience
The Ad Set is an important section when creating Facebook Ads. It’s where you define your target audience. Facebook provides you with a number of settings that you can use to zoom in on the people to whom you wish to have your ads delivered;
The location setting is the first port of call as far as defining your audience is concerned. The thing to remember here is that every business is going to be different in terms of the extent Geographic location in which it can operate.
There are businesses out there that can safely have a global audience, while many, including Martial arts studios, tend to be localized. What this means is that you are only going to be able to attract people from so many miles around the physical location of your studio or gym.
No one, in any case, is going to drive across the United States to visit a gym. The Facebook Ads that you create for your karate studio, therefore, need to reflect this. For this example, we are going to assume that our gym is located on Cambell Ave NW, Willmar, Minnesota, United States. Our ads are going to be delivered to people who live 5 miles around the physical location of our gym.
We are going to, therefore, have our ads delivered to people who live 5 miles around this location, though it is conceivable that more could drive in from further out.
Age, Language, Gender
Which ages do you wish to target with your Facebook ads for your Judo, Jiu-Jitsu or Kung Fu studio? Some martial arts studios offer their services to people who are as young as 6, so you will need to target their parents with your ads.For this example, we are going to set our age range at 18 to 40
Gender is another setting that you can use to further zoom in on your target audience. For a martial arts studio, it may be best to target people of both sexes.
You can also choose to have your ads delivered to people who speak a specific language, though we are going to leave this setting out for this example.
Detailed Targeting: Narrowing down on your target audience
The detailed targeting section is really where you narrow down on the people that you wish to target with your ads. The thing to remember here is that Facebook gathers a lot of data on its users, and you can use this to your advantage to make sure that your ads reach the correct kind of people. For this example, we are going to offer free signups at our gym to people within our age ranges on their birthdays. You can also target moms who wish to enroll their kids in a a martial arts studio. Each ad is going to be different, of course.
Note that you can have an and/or relationship between the targeting settings that you choose in this regard. We could, in the above example, have simply targeted people who have grade school kids, and those who have teenage children, and those who have expressed an interest in martial arts. However, we have chosen to have the expression of an interest in martial arts as a further narrowing down parameter.
Giving people an incentive to sign up
This is something to which we have already alluded. You need to remember that there are probably other karate, judo or jiu-jitsu studios not far from where yours is located. It’s important, therefore, for you to give people some incentive to come to you instead of going to your competitors. This can be in the form of coupons, discounts and other rewards that can be redeemed when people sign up.
The Facebook Ads Setup Plan
We have only covered a few issues in this article as far as creating Facebook Ads is concerned. To be fair, it would really be simple for you to simply sign up for my Facebook ads setup plan, and I will be glad to do all the hard work for you! The plan offers the following;
- Help creating your Facebook Ads Campaign
- Help choosing the right kind of audience.
- A landing page that’s professionally crafted.
- Two live ads.