- You own a Grocery Store and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to sell more groceries? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to attract customers? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Deli or Grocery Store.
Are you looking to boost business for your Grocery store by advertising on Facebook? If yes, here is how you go about doing it. My name is Francisco, and I have, over the past 13 years, helped countless businesses such as yours reach out to their customers. You too can benefit from my experience by signing up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan. In this article, I am going to;
- Tell you why Facebook Ads are for Grocery Stores.
- Show you how to create your very own Facebook Ads.
- Introduce you to my Facebook Ads setup plan.
Are Facebook Ads for Grocery Stores?
If your grocery store is not already advertising on Facebook, then you have definitely been missing out. Many Grocery store owners want to know whether or not they should bother advertising on Facebook. The answer to that is a big YES for the following reasons;
- Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, has a monthly active user base of over 2.3 billion. Whatever the audience that you are looking for, therefore, you can be sure that you will be able to find them on Facebook.
- Advertising on Facebook is cheaper than on other platforms. This is another question that many people wish to know with regard to Facebook Ads. And yes, advertising on the platform tends to be cheaper than on Google Ads.
- Facebook makes it easy for you to be precise when targeting your audience. This ensures that any of the ads that you may come up with have a higher than normal CTR and conversion rate.
- You can learn to create your own Facebook Ads. To be frank, most people would rather have us do all the hard work on their behalf. You too can benefit from our expertise by signing up for the Facebook ads setup plan using the above link. However, if you would rather learn how to create your own Facebook ads, feel free to continue reading this article.
Shoprite: A Case Study of a Grocery Store Advertising on Facebook
If you think grocery stores have no business advertising on Facebook, then you would be sorely mistaken. A good example of how a grocery store can capitalize on Facebook’s reach to grow it’s business comes from Shoprite, an African chain-supermarket giant.
This family owned chain managed to reach nearly 500 000 people with ads that show how it has been supporting local farmers. But how much did that cost? The estimated cost for the campaign was $0.06 per video view. So, how did this company achieve this goal?
How to create your own Facebook Ads
I hope that you will hire my agency to setup your Facebook Ad campaigns. However, if you decide otherwise, I won’t hold it against you! In fact, that is what this article is about; to show you how to do you own Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads are created in Ads Manager. Essentially, there are 4 steps to creating a Facebook Ads;
- Creating a Campaign.
- Creating and Ad Account.
- Setting up your Ad Set.
- Creating the Ad itself.
Creating a campaign: Choose Campaign Objectives
The first thing that you need to do when creating Facebook ads for your grocery store is choose a campaign objectives. What is it that you wish to achieve with your campaign and how are you going to achieve those aims? Facebook offers a number of campaign objectives, from which you can choose the one that’s most appropriate for you;
- Brand awareness
- App installs
- Video view
- Lead generation
- Store visits
- Catalog sales
Which Objective Works Best for Facebook Ads for Grocery Stores
You will notice that many of the campaign objectives that are outlined above are related. Facebook allows you to choose only one, but which is the most appropriate when creating Facebook Ads for Grocery Store?
For the Shoprite example that we gave at the top, brand awareness was chosen as the campaign objective. What this means is that you simply wish to make an impression in the minds of the people who you are targeting with your Facebook ads. You can also choose video views or store visits as your Objectives.
The Ad Set: Choosing the right audience
The success or failure of your Facebook advertising project is largely going to be dependent on your ability to define the right kind of audience. Remember what we have just said about Facebook having over 2.3 billion monthly active users. So, how do you zoom in on your target audience when creating Facebook Ads?
Where do you wish to have your Ads delivered? The location setting allows you to define the location(s) where you wish to have your Facebook Ads delivered. For this example, we are going to assume that our grocery store is located on 3rd Avenue in Chula Vista, California. Location is of particular important to localized businesses such as Grocery stores. Here we have chosen to target people who live 3 miles around our physical location. For Grocery stores, customers usually come from up to 3 miles around the physical location of your store.
Age, Gender, Language
These are other important settings that are provided by Facebook to allow you to further define your target audience. Realistically speaking, as an example, there is really no need for you to have your ads delivered to people who are below 18, as they usually do not have a say on where the family is going to get groceries. A better target age range would be something between 25 and 65.
Detailed Targeting: Narrowing down on your target audience
This section allows you to narrow down on the people that you are targeting with Facebook Ads for your Grocery store. Remember that Facebook collects a wealth of information from its users, and you can take advantage of this to target people who are most likely to respond positively to your ads. For the sake of this example, we are going to be targeting the following people;
- People who have expressed an interest in Grocery Stores
Creating your Ad: Available Ad Types
Facebook allows you to create a wide range of ad types. The thing to remember, however, is that people on social media are usually in a hurry, meaning you only have a few seconds in which to capture their imagination. You can do so with the help of an image, or a picture that best conveys the values that you are likely to associate with your brand.
The Facebook Ads Setup Plan
We are never going to be able to tell you how to create Facebook Ads in a single article. That is why we have come up with the Facebook Ads Setup Plan: to get you going as far as advertising on Facebook is concerned. The plan offers the following;
- Help setting up your campaign.
- Help choosing the best campaign objective.
- Help choosing the right audience.
- A professionally crafted landing page.
- Two live Ads.