- You own a Golf Course and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to get more clients? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to attract more golfers? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Golf Course.
Are you looking to get kick-ass Facebook Ads for your Golf course? Have you been wondering whether or not advertising on the platform will even work for you? My name is Francisco and I am here to help you. Sign up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan using the link above to get top-notch Facebook Ads for your business. However, if you would like to learn how to create your own Facebook ads, continue reading this article. In this post, I am going to;
- Show you why Golf Courses need to start advertising on Facebook.
- Give you a step by step guide to the creation of your own Facebook Ads.
- Talk a bit more about my Facebook Ads Setup Plan.
Why Golf Courses should start advertising on Facebook
If you are the owner(s) of a Golf Course and you have been wondering how you can get more people to book for events at your venue using Facebook Ads, then you have come to the right place. The following are some of the reasons why Facebook Advertising matters for golf courses;
- Facebook, the world’s biggest social media platform, plays host to over 2.3 billion monthly active users. What this means for businesses around the globe is that there are that many potential customers who are waiting to be converted. It also means there are over 2 billion ways through which your ads can get lost, thus losing money for your business.
- Running Facebook Ad Campaigns is affordable when compared to advertising on other platforms such as Google Ads. Indeed, you can get going advertising on Facebook for as little as $10.
- Facebook ads can be highly accurate, if you know what you are doing. This gives them higher CTR and conversion rates.
- Anyone can learn how to create Facebook Ads on their own. Admittedly, most people prefer that we do all the hard work on their behalf, but the creation of Facebook Ads is something that you can master by reading the rest of this article.
Challenges advertising marketing golf courses
For Golf Courses, the major challenge usually is not so much about finding people who are willing to tee off over the weekend. The challenge comes when trying to get people to sign up to hold events at the Golf Course. These events can range from Wedding receptions to Birthday parties.
The sector is a particularly difficult one in which to make money, which is one of the reasons why so many Golf course owners are turning to Facebook in a bid to attract new leads. So, what is it that you should know about creating Facebook Ads for a Golf Course?
For most businesses, the major goal is simple enough; to make money. When it comes to creating Facebook Ads for your Golf Course, you need to go beyond this simple determination to clearly come up with the Objective that will take you towards your goal. The question that you are going to ask yourself is, “What is it that I hope to achieve using my Facebook Ads for Golf Courses?”
How to create your own Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads are created in Ads Manager. There are basically four steps to the creation of a Facebook Ad, as you can see in the screenshot below;
Choose a Campaign Objective
In Ads Manager, choosing a campaign Objective is actually the first step on the way to making Facebook Ads for your Golf Course. Fortunately, Facebook has simplified the process by giving you a selection of Campaign Objectives, from which you can choose the one that most speaks to your aims;
- Brand Awareness
- App Installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Store visits
- Catalog sales
Best Facebook Ad Campaign Objectives for Golf Courses
So, which of these campaign objectives work best when creating Facebook Ads for Golf Courses?
- If you would like to get brand awareness, then choose that as your campaign.
- If, on the other hand, you would like to get people who click on your ads to be directed to your landing page, then you can achieve this by choosing Traffic as your campaign objective.
- Another appropriate campaign objective for a Golf Course would be “Messages,” which gives you the ability to open a conversation with people who are interested on your services.
The Ad Set: Creating a target audience
Once you have created your campaign and chosen your campaign objective, the next thing that you need to do is define your target audience. This is done in the ad set section. Here, you get a number of settings that enable you to create your target audience;
Where do you wish to have your ads delivered. For this example, we are going to assume that our Golf course is located in Chula Vista, in California. Our ad is going to be delivered to people who live within a 25 mile radius of our physical location. Our ad will be delivered only to people who live in this location.
Age, Gender, Language
Gender is another setting that allows you to further define your target audience. If you are selling your Golf Course as the ideal place for the hosting of baby showers, your message would frankly be lost on most men!
The age setting allows you to further refine your targeting. For our example, the people who are interested in the events that we mentioned at the top (wedding receptions and baby showers) are likely to be women who are 25 and above.
You can choose to have your ad delivered only to people who speak a particular language. This would be useful if you would only like to, as an example, have your ad delivered to Spanish speakers.
Detailed Targeting: Narrowing down on your target audience
This setting is where you really narrow down on your target audience. We have already mentioned that for our Golf Course, we wish to advertise the fact that our Golf course is the ideal place for the hosting of Wedding receptions, baby showers, milestone birthdays and other events.
We also want to have our ads shown to people who are interest in learning how to play golf. As you can see in the above screenshot, we have used this information to further refine our target audience. Note that you can either have your ads delivered to people who fit any one of your chosen parameters, or to only those that meet all of them.
The Facebook Ads Setup Plan
You will notice that we have only just covered a small part of the process of creating Facebook Ads for your business. We would need to write an encyclopedia to cover everything! But no worries! If you need to get started creating, simply sign up for our Facebook Ads Setup Plan. Signing up gives you the following;
- Help creating your ads campaign
- Help targeting the correct kind of audience.
- A professionally designed landing page.
- Two live ads.