Call 1-619-642-2500 if you need help with Facebook marketing or use our Facebook Ads contact form here.
Are you a Business Coach who is struggling to get clients? Do you need to learn how to use Facebook Advertising to grow your business in these trying times? If yes, then you need to seriously read this article. Hi, my name is Francisco. I am the owner of Planet Marketing, a digital marketing agency. My company specializes in Facebook Ads, Google Ads and remarketing. I have been in business for over 2 decades. Facebook Advertising is what I do on a daily basis. So, I know what I am talking about here. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why business coaches need to get started with Facebook Ads
- Give a step by step guide to creating Facebook Ad for Business Coaches
Should Business Coaches even bother advertising on Facebook?
Is there a place on Facebook where business coaches to do marketing? That’s a question that I get a lot from people. To be fair, it’s not just business coaches who ask me that question. I get it from all sorts of people in all sorts of professions; from dog handlers to Attorneys. Everyone wants to know whether or not they can use Facebook Ads to grow their businesses. For business coaches, the answer is a big yes. That’s a profession that’s particularly suited for advertising on Facebook for the following reasons;
- Facebook has reach: Whatever the business that you are involved in, chances are high that you will be able to find your target audience on the platform. At the moment, Facebook has over 2.6 billion monthly active users. These people are scattered around the world. They have various demographics, interests and behaviors.
- Facebook Ads can be highly targeted: As noted, the platform is a meeting place for various kinds of people. The challenge, if you are a business coach, lies in being able to correctly define your target audience. Once you are able to do that, you can be sure that your ads will be delivered only to the right people. That’s the major reason why Facebook Ads tend to have a conversion rate of around 9.21% vs that of around 4.40% for Google Ads.
- Facebook Ads tend to be way cheaper than Google Ads. This is another question that people ask me. They want to know whether or not they can get better value for their money from Facebook Ads when compared to Google Ads. The answer is yes. Facebook Advertising is cheaper than Google Advertising.
- You can create your own Facebook Ads. In fact, that’s partly what this article is all about. I want you, at the end of the day, to be well on your way to being able to create your very own Facebook Ads. Of course, that is not an easy task. You need to do lots of hard work to get there. But the entire point is that ANYBODY can create Facebook Ads.
- Get in touch if you need help: I have already stated that I have been doing Facebook Ads for a long time. It’s what I wake up every day to do. So, if you need help from a professional, I suggest that you get in touch with me today. To be fair, you could very well create your own ad using the advice that I give here, but it’s another thing to make it all work. Get in touch, and I will do lot’s of cool stuff for you, including Zapier integration and remarketing. And I will make it happen for you at an affordable cost.
How to create Facebook Ads for Business Coaches
Okay, now that we are done with the motivation, it’s time for us to see how business coaches can go about creating their own Facebook Ads. As a business coach, you need to be able to convince people that you can help take their businesses from one point to the next.
But what is it that you need to know before getting started with Facebook Ads? One thing that you will note is that creating Facebook Ads is a huge process. There are many steps. Which ones are essential for business coaches? Below are answers to these and other questions;
The first thing to note is that creating Facebook Ads happens in Ads Manager. Logging in is a simple matter of using your personal credentials. Ads Manager is where you get all the tools that you need to create Facebook Ads. Here, you can either take the normal route or you can do the Quick Creation. Quick Creation will probably work when you know what you are doing. There are 3 steps when creating Facebook Ads
Steps when creating Facebook Ads for business coaches
The process of creating Facebook Ads is composed of 3 steps. All of the steps are important. However, some of them do not take that long to complete. You will notice here that we mainly focus on the Ad Set. It’s important because it’s where success or failure for your Ads mostly happens. The following are the steps when creating Facebook Ads for Business Coaches;
- Choose a Campaign Objective
- Set up the Ad Set
- Create the Ad
1. Choose a campaign objective
Once you has logged into Ads Manager, click on “Create Ad,” to get started. The first thing that you will need to do from there is to choose a Campaign Objective. What is a Facebook Ads Campaign Objective? Well, it’s what you hope to achieve with your campaign.
You need to choose 1 Campaign Objective
This is something that you need to be sure of before you get started. Facebook provides you with the following 11 Campaign Objectives. However, you can only have one for each Campaign, so you need to know what you are doing.
- Store traffic
- Catalog sales
- Lead generation
- Video views
- App installs
- Brand awareness
Best Facebook Ads campaign objective for Business Coaches
As a business coach, which Facebook Ads Campaign Objective are you going to go with? The thing to do is to make sure that you know what you want to achieve with each ad. Do you want to get people to get in touch with you immediately after seeing your ad? If that is the case, then you may opt to go with “Messages.”
Or perhaps you wish to take people who click on your Ad to a landing page? If yes, then you can choose “Traffic” as your Campaign Objective. As a Business Coach, your ad could be composed of a video explaining what you do. If that is the case, then “Video views” would be the best Campaign Objective for you. That’s the Campaign Objective that we are going to go with for this example.
Note that there will be subtle differences in the way that you configure your Facebook Ad depending on the Campaign Objective that you choose. If you need help choosing a campaign objective, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We will take a look at your business and we will show you the best options.
2. Set up your Target Audience in the Ad Set
The Ad Set, as already noted, is probably the most important step when doing Facebook Ads Marketing for Business Coaches. It’s where you define and zoom in on your target audience. Of course, you should already have a good idea who your target audience is before you even get here. You are in business because you want to sell something to some people. Who are these people? For business coaches, we could say off-hand that your target audience could be composed of;
- People looking to start businesses
- Startups looking to get a toehold on the market
- Small business owners such as saloons, restaurants, bars, gyms
- Large businesses looking to expand their markets in creative ways.
Who should you target?
You know your business best. Who do you usually work with? And are you trying to expand beyond these horizons? Let me say that I personally have a business coach who has helped me tremendously expand my Planet Marketing business. My business can be described as a small enterprise working in the technology sector.
Creating your Ad Set
There are several things that you need to do to correctly define your target audience in the Ad Set. Let me repeat that this is a very important step. It determines whether or not your ads will be delivered to the right people. If your ad gets delivered to people who have absolutely no interest in your business, then it’s all going to be a waste of time.
For this example, we want our ad to be delivered to people who are either interested in starting their own businesses, or those who already own businesses. These are the people who will have an interest in hiring the services of a business coach. Some of the things in there are easy enough. Here, we will mostly look at the Audience section.
Where do you wish to have your Facebook Ads?
Where do you wish to have your ad delivered? Location is important when doing Facebook Ads Marketing for Business Coaches. Note that you can have as many locations as you wish to have. Some businesses operate from multiple locations.
However, businesses coaches are a type of business that operates from a restricted Geographic location. Maybe you operate within a particular city. Of course, it will be possible for you to also get clients that you coach long distance using the internet.
But for this example, we are going to assume that we are a Business Coach operating from Tampa in Florida. So, you are going to be looking for clients within this city.
What does it all mean?
We have highlighted some of the most important sections in the above screenshot. Here are a few things that you need to do when setting up location for Facebook Ads Marketing for Business Coaches;
- We have chosen Tampa, Florida as our location
- We will target people within a 25 mile radius. Business coaches have a greater reach than most localized businesses. A restaurant operating in a neighborhood, as an example, will probably only get customers from something like 3 miles around it’s physical location. So, adjust your target location accordingly.
- Our ad will be targeted at people living in our chosen area. You can also choose to target people who have recently been through this area.
You can also see in the above screenshot that age is another setting when coming up with your first Facebook Ads for your business coaching business. For our example, we have chosen to target people between 25 and 40. They are the ones who are most likely to have started their own businesses.
For this example, we will be targeting all genders. You can target men or women. It depends on what you want to achieve with your ad. If you are into gender specific products, then choose the correct setting.
The detailed targeting section is also very important when creating Facebook Ads for business coaches. This is really where you zoom in on your target audience. You should therefore focus on this section. You will be able to use Demographics, Interests and Behaviors for your targeting. Note that you can also choose to allow Facebook to reach people beyond your detailed targeting selections in instances where this is likely to boost performance.
Who should Business Coaches target?
As you can see in the above screenshot, we have chosen to target the following people with our Facebook Ad;
- Small business owners: People who have listed themselves as small business owners
- Business owners: People who list themselves on Facebook as Business owners
- Business Coaching: People who have liked or expressed an interest in pages to do Business Coaching.
You can also further target your audience based on language. Perhaps you wish to have your ad delivered only to people who speak Spanish. This is another tool that you can use to narrow down on your target audience.
The Connection setting is a recent addition to the Facebook Ads audience targeting settings. However, it’s very useful. As a Business Coach, you probably already have Facebook Page. If not, you should get off your bottom and create one today. Facebook Pages are free of charge. They are, however, very useful as platforms on which to interact with your prospects.
Anyway, you can choose to have your Facebook Ads delivered to people who have a particular connection with your Facebook Page. You could also choose to have ads delivered to people who have a connection to your App or to an event that you ran.
This is useful in that these people are already interested in you. Let’s say you target people who have liked your Business Coaching Facebook Page. This means these people are already interested in what you do. They are, therefore, much more likely to respond positively to your ads.
Budget and schedule
How much should you spend on Facebook Ads?
How much should you spend on your Facebook Ads? The Budget and Schedule section is where you set your budget. Here, you should set a daily budget. It’s also advisable to set a start and end date for your ad. Otherwise Facebook will keep deducting money from your credit card. See the highlighted sections in the above screenshot.
3. Creating the Ad
This is the final of the 3 steps when creating Facebook Ads for Business Coaches. The ad is what your target audience is going to see, so it needs to be up to scratch. Note that people on Facebook are always in a hurry. So, you probably only have a few seconds in which to capture their attention. So, how are you going to do it?
The following are the available formats when creating Facebook Ads;
- Single image
Creating a Video Ad
You can create a video Ad.
Remember that we chose Video Views as out Campaign Objective at the beginning? That necessarily limits the formats that are available to use when it comes to creating the Ad itself. Presumably, you will already have created a short video ad here.
Recommended video Ad length
The recommended length for Facebook video ads is 15 seconds or less. In fact, you should try to get the message out using as short a video as is possible. People on Facebook are not patient enough to watch long videos. Note that the video in the above example is actually too long at 56 seconds, but we are just using it as an example.
You can also create a video ad using a slideshow. Add the necessary images and you should be good to go. Note that you can get Stock Images for use in your ad.
The finished ad
The screenshot above shows the finished Ad in our example. When you get here, you will only be left with a few things to do. You can set up tracking using Facebook Pixel, as an example. This shows people ads relevant to what they were doing on your website. When done, click on the “Confirm,” button to begin the process of launching your ad.
Get in touch
The Facebook Ad that you create for your Business Coaching business is going to be different depending on your goals. As you can see, Facebook advertising can be involved. If you feel overwhelmed, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. I have been successfully running Facebook Ads campaigns for years. Go to my pricing page to see how much I charge. I can either run your ads or do a setup for you. Get in touch today, and I will help you get started with Facebook Ads for your coaching business.