- Are you an Insurance Agent or Broker and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to get more clients? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself and start advertising your services? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Supplemental Insurance Agency.
Are you struggling to find customers for your Supplemental Insurance company? Have you been wondering whether or not Facebook will do the trick for you? If yes, then sit back and relax while I tell you everything that you need to know about Facebook advertising. My name is Francisco and over the past 13 years, I have helped countless companies that are similar to yours achieve their goals through digital marketing. In this article, I am going to;
- Show you why Supplemental Insurance Agencies need to start advertising on Facebook.
- Teach you how to create your own Facebook ads.
- Give you a few notes on my popular Facebook Ads Setup Plan.
Why Supplemental Insurance Agencies need to start advertising on Facebook
Is Facebook Advertising for Supplemental Insurance Agencies? This is a question that I get a lot from people. The answer is; of course! Facebook advertising is almost FOR EVERY BUSINESS. But Supplemental Insurance Agencies stand to benefit even more for the following reasons;
- Facebook is vast. As of the time of writing this article, it had a monthly active user base of over 2.3 billion! What this means is that whatever the business that you are in, it’s going to be very easy for you to find your target audience.
- Targeting the right kind of people is quite easy when advertising on Facebook. Facebook provides you with precise targeting tools that ensure that your ads get a higher than normal CTR.
- Facebook ads are cheaper than ads that are placed on other platforms. Most people wish to know whether or not Facebook is cheaper than Google Ads. The answer is yes. Indeed, you can start advertising on Facebook for as little as $10!
- If you have the time and tenacity, you can create your own Facebook Ads. To be frank, most people would rather have us do the hard work on their behalf. If you are one of these people, then simply sign up for my Facebook Ads Setup Plan and I will do the hard work on your behalf.
How to create your own Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads are created in Ads Manager. The process itself is composed of 4 steps;
- Creating a campaign
- Creating an ad account
- Defining your target audience in the Ad Set
- Creating the Ad
Creating a Campaign: Choose a campaign objective
Creating Facebook Ads begins with the creation of a Facebook Ad Campaign. You can think of a Campaign as the foundation on which your Ad will be created. In Ads Manager, you first need to choose a Campaign Objective as part of the process of creating Facebook Ads for your business. Facebook provides you with a number of campaign objectives from which you need to choose one when creating Facebook Ads;
- Store traffic
- Product catalog sales
- Lead generation
- Video view
- App installs
- Brand awareness
Possible campaign objectives when creating Facebook Ads for Supplemental Insurance Agencies
You will notice that a number of the campaign objectives that are given above could be used when creating Facebook Ads for supplemental insurance companies.
Setting up an Ad Account
This is the second step on your way to creating a Facebook Ad for you Supplemental Insurance concern. Click on the “Set Up Ad Account,” button to get going. This is a simple enough step and you should be done in a few seconds. When done, click on the “Continue,” button to move to the next step.
Defining your target audience: The Ad Set
Each Facebook Advertising Campaign can have multiple Ad Sets. An Ad Set is important and should be thought of as the engine behind the running of your Facebook Ads. It’s where you define your target audience and set the budget for the Ads that you are running.
The Audience section is really where you define your target Audience. With Facebook, it can be tempting to create Ads that target a wide spectrum of people, interests and behaviors. However, doing so would likely be a waste of money.
You can see from the above screenshot that our Supplemental Insurance Facebook Ads will be delivered only to people who live in Los Angeles, California. Although it is possible, in this regard, to target the entire state or, even the entire country, that, as we have already noted, is not always the best option.
A restaurant or Café, as an example, would need to narrow down on its area of operation if it is to generate any meaningful returns from its ads. The great thing about Facebook Advertising is that you can include and exclude any other areas on the map through the use of the appropriate button.
Age, Gender, Language
The age setting allows you to set a range for the ages that you wish to target with your Facebook Ads. For our Supplemental Insurance business, we are going to go with an age range of between 30 and 55.
Facebook allows you to choose to have your Ads directed only at people of a particular gender. If, as an example, your company manufactures and sells cosmetics, the logical target audience for you would be women. For this example, we are, however, going to have our ads directed at both men and women.
You can choose to have your ad delivered to people who speak certain languages. As an example, if your Ad is targeted only at Hispanics, you may wish to have it delivered only to Spanish speakers.
Narrowing down on your target audience: Detailed Targeting
The detailed targeting section gives you the ability to further narrow down on the people who you are targeting. Here, you can base your targeting on demographics, interests and behaviors.
You can see in the above screenshot that we have targeted people who have shown an interest in a number of medical related fields. Each business has its own unique client base, and you need to clearly define yours if you are to make your Facebook Ads successful. Once you have defined your Audience, you can save it for use in later ads.
Creating the Ad
This is the final step on your way to creating a Facebook Ad for your Supplemental Insurance firm. It is composed of the following steps;
Available Ad Formats
The good news for those who are looking to create Facebook Ads for their businesses is that these can be made in a number of formats;
- Single Image
- Single Video
A preview of your Ad appears in a pane to the right of your screen;
When done working on your Ad, click on the confirm button to, if you have added a payment method to your account, begin delivering it to your target audience.
The Facebook Ad Setup Plan
Creating Facebook Ads can be rather involved! We are never going to take you through the entire process in one article! But not to worry! That is why I have created my DIY Facebook Ads Marketing course, to help businesses get going on the world’s biggest social networking platform as quickly as possible! Once you have signed up for the Facebook Ads Setup Plan, you get the following;
- Help setting up a campaign.
- Help choosing a campaign objective.
- Help choosing the best target audience.
- A professionally crafted landing page.
- Two live ads!