- Do you own a Medicare Insurance Company and want to set up your Facebook Ads Account to get more leads? Check out our Facebook Ads Setup Plans.
- Want to learn how to do Facebook Marketing yourself to reach those who are about to turn 65? Enroll in our Facebook Ads Marketing Course!
- You can also give us a call at 1-619-642-2500 to start creating a digital strategy for your Medicare Insurance Company.
Are you looking for an easy way to grow your medicare insurance business? Have you been wondering whether or not advertising on Facebook works for companies like yours? My name is Francisco, and I am here to provide you with the answers that you are looking for. Most people that I talk to would rather have me create professional Facebook ads on their behalf. Simply sign up for the Facebook Ads Setup Plan if that is what you prefer. In this article, I am going to;
- Answer the question; “Should medicare insurance companies bother advertising on Facebook?”
- Show you how to create your own Facebook Ads for your business..
Should Medicare Insurance Companies advertise on Facebook?
My company, Planet Marketing, has over a decade of experience doing marketing for businesses in the Medicare Insurance sector. In all that time, one of the most common questions that I am asked by people is; “Should medicare insurance companies advertise on Facebook?”
The answer to that is; Medicare Insurance companies CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO advertise on Facebook. And why is that the case?
- Social media use among baby boomers has, according to a Pew Research Center study, tripled over the past few years, reaching over 35%. These are the people that Medicare Insurance companies should be targeting with their ads.
- Facebook provides you with all the tools that you need to precisely target your audience.
- Advertising on Facebook is cheaper than on other digital marketing platforms. Another question that I am always asked is; is Facebook cheaper than Google Ads when it comes to advertising? The answer is, yes, Facebook ads tends to be cheaper that Google Ads. Indeed, you can get going advertising on Facebook for as little as $10.
- Creating your own Facebook ads is simple enough. It’s something that anybody can learn. If you really want to nail it, check out my Facebook Ads Marketing guide. It contains videos that show you how to create your own professional Facebook Adds.
How to create your own Facebook Ads
If you prefer that we handle Facebook ads on your behalf, then feel free to sign up for our Facebook Ads Setup Plan. However, if you would rather do it yourself, then continue reading this article. All the magic, as far as the creation of Facebook ads is concerned, happens in Ads Manager.
Choose a campaign objective
The first thing that you need to do on the path to creating your own Facebook Ads is choose an objective for your campaign. You will notice that the way you set up your ad will be slightly different, depending on the campaign objective that you have chosen.
Best Facebook ad campaign objective for Medicare Insurance Companies
For Medicare Insurance Companies, the clear objective when running a Facebook ad campaign is to to attract new customers. The following are some of the objectives that you can use when creating your own Facebook ads;
- Traffic: Getting traffic to your website or landing page.
- Brand Awareness: Getting the word out about your business.
- App Installs: Get people to install your apps on their devices.
- Video views: If you need to have people create.
Defining your target audience: The Ad Set
This is the second section on which you need to work on your way to creating Facebook Ads for your company. The thing to note here is that the Ad Set is the engine that drives your Facebook Ads. Its where you begin to define your target audience using location, budget, age, gender, language and other settings.
The first step in homing in on your target audience involves defining exactly where you wish your Facebook Ads to be shown. For your Medicare Insurance Company, you would probably be better off targeting people only within your city of operation. Although your scope is, in this regard, broader than would be the case with a restaurant, as an example, you still need to work out your correct area of operation to avoid wasting money on people who may not be interested in what you have to offer.
For this article, we are going to use Long Beach in California as an example. As you can see in the above screenshot, the default area of coverage is set at 25 miles. You can either increase or decrease it, depending on the kind of reach that you wish to have. You can also include and exclude any neighboring locations that you think may not be appropriate for your ads.
Age, Gender and Language
The Age setting allows us to set the age ranges that we wish to target with our Facebook Ads. We have already mentioned that for the Medicare Insurance Company, one would actually need to target people who are approaching and are over 65. For our Example, we have set the Age at 64 and above.
As you can see in the above screenshot, we have also set our Facebook Ad to be delivered to both men and women.This setting is useful if you wish to advertise products that appeal specifically to one gender or the other.
You can also choose the languages that you wish to target using the “languages,” section. If, as an example, you are specifically targeting Latinos, it would be logical to target Spanish speakers.
Narrowing down on your target audience: Detailed Targeting
This is another section that you need to seriously work on if you are going to create ads that reach the most appropriate people. The Detailed Targeting section allows you to choose people in various demographics, interests, behaviors and other groups. The following are examples of demographics and interests groups that you can target with Ads for your Medicare Insurance Ads on Facebook;
- Baby Booomers
- Alliance for Retired Americans
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Medicare (United States)
- Medicare Rights Center
Budget and Schedule
This section allows you to set the maximum amount that you wish to spend on your Ad on a daily basis. You can also set a schedule for when you wish to have your to run. When done, click on the “Continue” button to begin working on the Ad itself.
Creating your ad
This is the final step on your way to creating a Facebook Ad for your company. We have previously written an article in which we show you how to create a Facebook Business Page. This is something that you are going to need when creating Facebook ads for your business.
Available ad formats
Facebook offers a number of Formats for your Ads, as you can see in the above screenshot. What you need to do is work out the format that’s best for you and you should be good to go. For our example, we are going to make our ad in the form of a Slideshow.
Your ad’s preview appears in a panel to the right of your screen. This is great, in that you can actually see how your Ad will appear when delivered to your target audience.
All that remains to be done is for your to click on the confirm button and, if you have set up a payment method, the Facebook Ad for your Medicare Insurance company should be good to go.
You will notice that we have skipped a number of steps in this article. Writing everything would require an encyclopedia! The good thing is that the steps that we have given here should get you on the way to creating your own Facebook ads.
However, if you would rather have us handle the job on your behalf, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today using the form below.